Sunday, December 7, 2008

Module One - Tasks Log


Telnet

So... I run Windows Vista, so I had to Google and search for instructions to install the Windows Telnet Client application. 

After that I open command prompt and type in: telnet library.deakin.edu.au ->Author-> Bennahum->Display title and location->Print->E-mail printer and then...

What is my Curtin email address? -_-

Easy, log in and find out what it is. Luckily it was on the first page, or I would have had to e-mail myself..

I Alt+Tab back to the Telnet application and I get this:

Well.. No biggie... except that I forgot the name of the Author I was supposed to be looking for.. T_T


Regarding 'telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl'.

Well, I haven't seen any of the Star Wars movies, so.. ;_;


FTP

I used Windows Explorer for FTP, because, it works well enough for this task.


And, for now the obligatory response. 

According to the readme file, '_______ MATTERS' - what word goes in the blank?

The word is 'CAPITALIZATION'.


edit: In the end, I was able to e-mail myself the book titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment