Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Magical text flying over electrical wires chat

Just had a chat with Richard.
Will expand on this later.

ICQ - TASK & LOG ENTRY: Arrange with other students in the unit to meet up for a chat record observations from this chat in your learning log.You may want to think about and reflect upon what you enjoyed or didn’t enjoy about that chat method and what problems or benefits you think that method offers for internet communication.

MSN - LOG ENTRY: Record your outcome and reflections of your experiences and thoughts on this task in your learning log


I had my dad shout at me once or twice during the time I was using the computer, because basically, I can't multi-task at all, and I honestly didn't hear him speaking to me... ..

I'm gonna leave these concepts here to marinate, copied from the 'Module 2 - Tasks' page.

GROUP TASK ~ all students : 
All students regardless of the chat method and option you chose you must now:
 
Using either ICQ, yahoo chat, Messenger, virtual or webct chat, arrange a discussion with your peers. You may do this in small groups if you like. Talk about which chat service you prefer, and what forms of communication chat is most useful for. Think about the following question: how does the method you are familiar with appear to differ from other chat or messaging such as ICQ, MSN or AIM? Which system do you prefer? 

kind of OT: Not sure, but I think it's related to one of the earlier concepts, but.. one of the things that changes how you interact with people over the net is, that you can't immediately assess (that you usually can) is the person's age. Like someone you meet IRL can put up a façade, but over the net, it's entirely a different thing.. there's no body language, blah blah. And in some ways, interactions with other people over the net are more personal, yet more distant blah blah.

I remember in that first survey of NET 11, there was a question (though not related specifically to this course) like : Would you put more time and effort into contributions to an online unit (as other students will read them)?
And I would in most cases, say yes. Excepting, the mostly informal chat that I had before where my answers were just more direct and therefore less 'time and effort' in some ways, though I did consider quite carefully what I was writing before I sent each line of text.

No comments:

Post a Comment